Saturday, May 10, 2014

Try to 'faith' your way out.

Next time you find yourself in a pickle, try to 'faith' your way out of it instead of using logic and reason. Imagine what kind of show MacGyver would have been. "Let's see: I have some twine and a Swiss Army Knife, I'm stuck in a Colombian prison-hut, how do I get out of this one? I KNOW! I'll get down on my knees and WISH my way out! Phew, that was a close one."

The thinking man is the reason we don't have smallpox, and why we have all this wonderful technology, and why we live longer lives. Faith had absolutely nothing to do with it. Faith didn't cure polio, nor did it invent the lightbulb. Salk and Edison used their minds to solve problems, they didn't wish upon a fairy tale. For every mediocre, half-assed reason you can give me that faith might be good for you and others (it isn't by the way), I can give you thousands upon thousands of how reason and logic and science are better. Saying "I just prayed on it" is equivalent to saying, "I gave up my mind to silly, superstitious beliefs, and luckily someone else came up with an actual solution."

No comments:

Post a Comment